Horizon Pest Control’s Green Solutions
DON’T LET OUR NAME FOOL YOU: We may be a pest control company, but we care about the environment and the future of our planet, too. We’ve actually been practicing environmental stewardship before it was called ‘Green’.
In our industry, they call it Integrated Pest Management or IPM. IPM incorporates the use of routine inspections, monitoring devices and special products — as well as structural, sanitation and cultural changes — to prevent or eliminate pest infestations.
When properly implemented and coordinated, IPM can reduce the use of chemical applications and achieve safe and effective results for homeowners and businesses. Many pest control companies use the phrase IPM, but only the best actually practice it to ensure the highest level of service at the lowest level of risk to your home, family, and community.
GreenPro, as certified by the National Pest Management Association (NPMA), means Horizon stands out as an environmentally-responsible business. By meeting the standards of the program, we’ve taken on a whole new dimension: Employ a comprehensive, environmentally friendly approach when treating a property; Investigate the source of the problem – and eliminate it – before applying pesticides; Apply pesticides only when necessary.
Learn how Horizon can help protect your property and save you money. Call us today!
Horizon is a GreenPro Certified Pest Control Company
When you hire a GreenPro provider like Horizon, you can be sure that you will receive the best service and have the highest level of confidence that all individuals sent to your home or business have met stringent criteria that go far beyond state and federal requirements. To guarantee this level of quality, GreenPro requires member companies to meet high standards that include:
- Perform criminal background checks on all employees.
- Comply with the toughest green standards.
- Employ highly trained, credentialed employees.
- Offer a clear, easy-to-understand warranty and termite service agreement.
- Maintain an up-to-date insurance policy.
- Advertise truthfully and ethically.
- Check employee references and driving history.
- Maintain a drug-free workplace.
- Require a professional dress code and service vehicle maintenance and appearance policy.
In addition, when providing a green pest management service, your Horizon technician will develop a plan to precisely manage pests in your home and business in accordance with the rigorous third-party standards. GreenPro companies will:
- Provide green pest management training and testing for all sales persons and technicians selling or providing green services
- Designate a manager that must attend a comprehensive green training program and whom is responsible for ensuring that the company is complying with GreenPro standards.
- Inspect and monitor the structure being serviced.
- Eliminate sources of food, water and shelter that pests need to survive.
- Follow guidelines to treat in and around your structure using the least invasive measures to manage your problem, while minimizing or eliminating the need to use pesticides.
- Only make traditional pesticide applications after discussing the options with you and getting your consent.
- Document all actions taken to accurately identify solutions that work for you.
- To ensure GreenPro companies are complying.
What Our Clients Say
I have Horizon Pest Control’s Home Guard, Yard Guard, and Stinkbug Protection services. I’m happy with the responsiveness of the company, as well as how easy it is to schedule appointments. Their follow-up has been great ever since I started using them in March.
Lisa F. , Franklin Lakes, NJ
Horizon Pest Control is a very cooperative service. The people they send out are much more calm and pleasant than others we used to have. We’ve been using Horizon for about a year to keep our mouse problem under control.
Patricia L., Hillsdale, NJ
Why Choose Horizon?
Reasons to Work with Horizon Pest Control
- OUR GUARANTEE: If pests return, so will we – FOR FREE.
- RECIPIENT OF ANGIES LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD: Horizon received this award in 2009 and maintains an A+ rating on Angieslist.com
- 98% SATISFACTION RATING: on average most of our clients have been with us for 10 years or more. Our oldest clients are families that have trusted us with their pest control and home services since 1970.
- EFFECTIVE SERVICE: We provide the most comprehensive, reliable and courteous
New Jersey pest control service you’ll find from any service company, with fast and effective response to your needs.
Blog Posts About Integrated Pest Management
Posted by Megan Howard @ 6:59 pm September 10, 2013
Fall is such a beautiful season. The air becomes crisp and the night becomes longer, plus it is the time that the leaves change. But, with the change of season comes a different challenge for homeowners because it is also a peak time for pests to make their way indoors. These pests will be looking for shelter, food and warmth, which your house has. Cockroaches, lady bugs, mosquitoes, spiders, and worse….
Comments (0) | Read More
Posted by Megan Howard @ 7:05 pm August 31, 2013
A successful ant elimination does not just involve a simple spraying here and there or providing baits when they are seen. To eliminate the enemy it is also important to determine the species of the ant itself since their characteristic may help you understand their behavior. For professionals, the work of controlling these pests will require a five-step process such as inspection, identification, recommendation…
Comments (0) | Read More
Posted by Megan Howard @ 4:58 pm August 27, 2013
New Jersey is located nearly halfway between the equators and poles, this makes the state a battleground for air masses throughout the year. New Jersey is known for its humid climates, which makes the majority of insects to thrive in this area. During the hot, sticky summer months the insects become active and multiple more quickly while the cold, dry air of winter acts as a brake on the population of the insects…
Comments (0) | Read More