New Jersey Mice Removal
Reliable New Jersey & New York Mouse Control Services
If you suspect a mouse infestation in your home, the experts at Horizon Pest Control are the team to call. We know how to find mice in the place where they hide. Whether they’re behind your refrigerator, walls, or basement, we will find the source of your infestation and remove them from your property. There's no time to waste once you discover a mouse infestation in your home. Mice can ruin your home as they chew through your wires and leave a trail of destruction in their path. Other New Jersey homeowners just like you have been helped by our team! Mice are not cute little friendly pets; they are rodents that scurry across your floors and scratch behind your walls, leaving diseases and germs everywhere. The NJ mice control specialists at Horizon Pest Control can help you get these invaders out of your home, so you can go back to feeling safe at night.
Working with the New Jersey mice control experts at Horizon Pest Control means access to some of the best rodent removal professionals. Schedule an appointment today by calling us at (201) 365-9886 or by contacting us online.
Signs of a Mouse Infestation
If you’ve seen a mouse in your home, you likely have a mouse infestation. Rodents aren’t known for coming out during the day or when you may see them. If they’re out in the open, you have more than a couple of mice hiding around your home.
Here are the most common signs of mouse infestation:
- Droppings: If you have a mouse infestation, one of the first signs you may notice is their droppings. A mouse isn’t thinking about your house or where they are when they leave behind feces. They will release it while running around and making their way through your home, but you’ll probably see them most in the places where they hang out. Look behind drawers, inside pantries, under your water heater, or any other warm place where they could build their nest.
- Strange Noises: If you hear scratching, scurrying, or squeaking noises, those are the sounds of a mouse infestation. Many of the noises you hear are the mice running around and chewing through things, being social with one another.
- Chew Marks: Are there areas in your home where it looks like something has been chewing through plastic, wood, cardboard, or wires? Mice cannot resist the urge to chew things. They love to give their teeth a workout, and your home is as good as anywhere else.
- Sightings: Whether you’ve seen little footprints or mice running through your home, there is no better sign of a mouse infestation than seeing a mouse. If you’ve seen them out of their hiding spaces, they’re likely out looking for water or food.
What Should I Do If I See a Mouse?
Once you see a mouse in your home, call Horizon Pest Control at (201) 365-9886 to schedule an appointment with our New Jersey mice control specialists. Our technician will inspect your home and let you know what we find. Once we’ve uncovered the source of the infestation, our team will review the treatment plan with you. After we’ve executed the treatment plan, we’ll report back to you and let you know our recommendations to keep your home pest-free. If you need our pest control specialists to come back and follow up, simply give us a call.
Things You Need to Know About Mice
A mouse is considered a rodent, which means they have incisors as front teeth that grow forever. Think of their front teeth like fingernails. They keep growing until they’re trimmed or cut on something. The constant need to chew is how they keep their teeth trimmed. They will chew many things inside your home, food, linens, baseboards, brick, or sheetrock. Even if there is a ready and available food source, they will still chew through your home. They also carry germs and can transmit diseases in their dropping and urine. They can also contaminate your food.
Mice are known carriers of:
- Lymphocytic choriomeningitis (LCMV)
You may think your home is airtight and safe from an invasion, but a mouse can squeeze themselves through a hole as small as a nickel. As soon as you suspect an infestation, you have to move to eliminate them from your home.
You can prevent a mouse infestation by:
- Sealing entry points
- Placing food in airtight containers
- Repair any leaks
- Eliminate hiding spaces near food sources
Comprehensive Pest Control in New Jersey
At Horizon Pest Control, we’ve been serving the home and business owners of New Jersey and New York since 1970. We offer great pest control services provided by a completely licensed staff of experienced technicians. Our company takes training and education seriously. We make a sizeable investment in staff training each year to ensure our teams are current on all the changes in our industry, and our pest control experts have almost a decade of experience on average. The commitment we have to our community and those we serve is unmatched in the area, and once you’re our customer, you can rest assured that we will take care of your home like it was our own.
A mouse infestation needs immediate attention, so call now to schedule an appointment by calling us at (201) 365-9886. Our New Jersey mice control