Ant Exterminators In New Jersey & New York
Don’t Let Ants Ruin Your Picnic—Or Your Property!
If you've seen ants streaming through a doorway or marching across your kitchen, you're not alone. In fact, ants are the most common pest in New Jersey and New York, and these insect intruders can take a serious toll on your home's structural integrity, safety and cleanliness. Don't wait when ants infest your home or business—call Horizon Pest Control today and say goodbye to ants ASAP!
Horizon Pest Control is available by phone at (201) 365-9886.
Common Types of Ants
Many species of ants are commonly found inside living areas and workplaces. The average ant doesn't pose a safety risk, but can carry a number of diseases and contaminate food. To keep these pests out, store food in airtight containers and avoid leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
Among the types of ants you may find:
- Acrobat Ants
- Argentine Ants
Odorous House Ants
Small Black Ants
You may also encounter two species of ants that prove more destructive:
- Carpenter Ants: Larger than other ants, carpenter ants are drawn to homes with moisture problems. Once inside, they can destroy wood in walls, floors and support beams. When left unchecked, carpenter ants can cause thousands of dollars of damage and eventually make your home unsafe.
- Fire Ants: While fire ants won't harm structures, they are known for their painful sting. Their venom can cause sweating, itching and nausea and may even prove fatal for individuals with an allergic sensitivity. If you see fire ants in your home, you should call a professional immediately.
Recognizing Ant Infestations
No matter what kind of ant invades your property, it's important to act quickly. If you see one or two ants, more usually aren't far off, and these insects leave pheromone trails to attract fellow colony members. Once they enter through tiny cracks and gaps, a colony can expand quickly to include hundreds of thousands of ants.
Visible ants are the most common sign of an infestation. You may also find ant mounds outdoors or discarded wings. If you've noticed sawdust or wood shavings or heard a faint rustling sound inside the walls, it's a good indication that you're dealing with carpenter ants.
Get Rid of Ants Now
Unfortunately, DIY ant control solutions are rarely the best way to eliminate these pests. In fact, these options can sometimes make an infestation worse by disturbing the ants’ nest. On top of this, most DIY ant solutions only kill the insects you can see, allowing the colony to survive out of sight.
To eliminate ants for good, contact Horizon Pest Control for ant exterminators in New Jersey and New York. We proudly serve homes and businesses, and are backed by the latest industry advancements and most hi-tech products on the market. Call Horizon for ant control service now, and one of our representatives will introduce you to our Home Guard Program, which kills existing ants and protects your home in the future. Just request a free quote, and we'll help you take the first step toward eliminating ants for good!
Why customers love Horizon Pest Control:
- Our Guarantee: If pests return, so will we – FOR FREE.
- Our Awards: Horizon has won the Angie’s List Super Service award every year since 2009.
- Our 98% Satisfaction Rating: Most of Horizon Pest Control’s clients have been with us for more than a decade. Our oldest customers have trusted us with their pest control since our business was opened in 1970!
- Our effective services: With green pest control solutions and other options to eliminate ants and deal with all your pest control needs, it’s no wonder that so many property owners return to Horizon time and time again.