Horizon realizes that the presence of birds in your home, property or buildings
may weigh heavily on your mind.
The perception of an “unhealthy” environment with birds roosting or their droppings on your building is a big issue. If left untreated, they can even create health concerns. Horizon offers New Jersey pest control solutions.
THE CONCERN WITH THE PRESENCE OF BIRDS
Female pigeons roost on rooftops, eves, ledges, mechanical units or in attic areas to hatch their chicks. As the young pigeons develop, they contaminate these areas with their urine and waste. They can also contaminate the insides of a building with bird mites, even if they’re on the outside, the mites can get through screening. Your building could lose up to 5% to 10% of its value, while also being subjected to major health and respiratory problems. We use the most current pigeon live trapping, cleanup and exclusion techniques.
Starlings, Sparrows, Sea Gulls
These birds and many other pest birds, form communal roosts. These roosts can be home to 10,000 or more birds. The combined weight of large numbers of birds may break small branches and new shoots of trees, causing disfiguration. The accumulation of droppings, which may exceed 1 ft in depth, are phytotoxic and can kill mature trees. Roosts near airports are a potential safety hazard. Airborne starlings can be sucked into plane engines causing extensive damage or downing the plane. Filth, noise and odors from roosts in urban areas are a great cause of disturbance to nearby residents.
HORIZON USES THE MOST CURRENT METHODS FOR BIRD CONTROL
BARRIERS OF ENTRY
To prohibit birds from gaining access into their current roosting and nesting areas. This control method may utilize any or all of the following materials:
- Netting – Polypropolene or polythene twine netting
- Aluminum coil stock/sheet metal
- Galvanized hardware cloth
- Copper gauze
Systems to prevent pest birds from perch and roosting on ledges, parapets, signs, beams, pipes, chimneys, cut-outs, lights, etc.
- Stainless Steel Spikes
- Plastic Spikes
- Angled Ledge Systems
- Spring Wire Systems
- Electrical Systems
To deter birds from utilizing particular areas. These products include:
- Tactile gels/paste compounds applied to preferred roosting and perching areas
- Sensory aversion materials applied to turf and grassy areas used as feeding areas
Using a live-trapping program which includes the following services:
- Prebaiting services to establish a feeding pattern
- Placing metal bird cages to humanely trap birds
- Implementation of mist netting programs to address bird flying in high ceiling areas
- Pick up and removal of all remaining bait at the completion of the program
DROPPING REMOVAL /SANITATION SERVICES
Can be provided by Horizon Pest Control technicians. These services include:
- Removal of bird droppings from the interiors or on the exteriors of structures
- Insect control services
- Spraying of disinfectants, fungicides, deodorizers.
HORIZON PEST CONTROL IS ALSO AVAILABLE ON A CONSULTING BASIS TO:
- Survey the property/facility
- Meet with key personnel
Call us today at (888) 612-2847 for your FREE inspection!
What Our Clients Say
“Reliable, dependable, honest, & value for your money.
Horizon Pest Control does monthly maintenance for us. They come on time and are punctual. The exterminator is pleasant and professional. If there’s an emergency situation, they immediately respond and get the work done promptly. They’re dependable and reliable. The prices are reasonable relative to their industry.
Maureen K., Secaucus, NJ
Excellent company with good customer service and follow-up.
I have Horizon Pest Control’s Home Guard, Yard Guard, and Stinkbug Protection services. I’m happy with the responsiveness of the company, as well as how easy it is to schedule appointments. Their follow-up has been great ever since I started using them in March.
Lisa F. , Franklin Lakes, NJ
Why Choose Horizon?
Reasons to Work with Horizon Pest Control
- OUR GUARANTEE: If pests return, so will we – FOR FREE.
- RECIPIENT OF ANGIES LIST SUPER SERVICE AWARD: Horizon received this award in 2009 and maintains an A+ rating on Angieslist.com
- 98% SATISFACTION RATING: on average most of our clients have been with us for 10 years or more. Our oldest clients are families that have trusted us with their pest control and home services since 1970.
- EFFECTIVE SERVICE: We provide the most comprehensive, reliable and courteous
New Jersey pest control service you’ll find from any service company, with fast and effective response to your needs.