Homeowners can reduce energy consumption and keep houses free of unwanted insects with multifunctional TAP insulation. A small investment in home maintenance can pay off for a lifetime. Take advantage of the application of TAP insulation.
What is TAP Insulation?
TAP is an abbreviation for Thermal Acoustical Pest Control. TAP insulation is an environmentally-friendly product that is permanent and effective. Composed of recycled newsprint and the natural boron compound, H3BO3, it is the only pest control application that has earned an Energy Star seal of approval. The use of cellulose from recycled sources reduces landfill waste and is considered green in all product life-cycles from production to performance and disposal. Bill Turk is the developer, co-founder and CEO of TAP insulation. He describes the specific details of TAP insulation in an interview with Sally Painter. According to Turk, lifetime protection from designated pests is coupled with energy savings of 20 percent or more.
Benefits of TAP Insulation Include:
- More thorough insulation. The air-filled pockets reduce the transfer of heat and cold. The cells fill holes better than traditional insulation, resulting in lower energy bills for consumers.
- Better coverage. It can be blown into spaces atop of existing insulation or used as the sole insulating treatment. It can reach spaces that fiberglass insulation cannot.
- Reduced noise. The additional insulation decreases the transmission of sound and makes for a quieter, more soothing environment.
- Permanent pest control. Treatment with Boron helps to create a useful tool for pest control. It protects against termites, cockroaches, ants, silverfish, and other “self-grooming” insects. Insects are coated with the boron and ingest it when they groom. They do not consume the insulation. Insects do not build up a tolerance to the compound and the insulation needs no further treatment when properly installed.
- Green materials and processes. A green product from production to application and disposal.
- Approval from the EPA. EPA approval means that more than 100 studies and tests have analyzed the product. EPA ensures the safety of the pesticide when applied according to directions.
TAP insulation can only be applied by approved pest management professionals. Since 1970, Horizon Pest Control offers their expertise and pest protection plans to homeowners. Contact a friendly representative at 888.612.2847 for the best course of treatment for eliminating and preventing unwanted pests.