Bed Bugs in New Jersey? Get Your Home Treated Today!
“Sleep tight; don’t let the bed bugs bite” is no longer simply the topic of old nursery rhymes: Bed bugs are a real pest, especially when you travel.
They have experienced resurgence in recent years and are a threat in hotels, college dorms, cruiseships, hospitals, nursing homes, homes and apartments, as well as busses, trains and airplanes.
Unfortunately, they do not discriminate by class or price, so anyone is at risk. Adult bed bugs are about the size of a tick and are quite prolific. Once they get in your bags, they can easily spread to areas inside your home. They concentrate in areas where people sleep, hence their name. Since bed bugs can live for months without feeding, they can even be found in vacant buildings.
To completely eliminate a bed bug infestation requires the assistance of a pest professional. Our technicians are specially trained to inspect for the presence of bed bugs and treat targeted sites.
HORIZON PRO-ACTIVE® APPROACH
- The materials are long lasting which provides peace of mind between services.
- It is a budget friendly approach.
- Although bed bugs can still be brought in, the cost to treat them is cut in half.
- Peace of mind for your family that you are proactively preventing a bed bug infestation from occurring in your home
Ask about adding Bed Bugs to your Home Guard or Home Guard-Plus Service!
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOURSELF FROM BED BUGS
- Educate yourself. Bed Bugs are non-discriminating and have been found worldwide regardless of income level, ethnicity, gender, cleanliness, etc... All Bed Bugs are interested in is a blood meal.
- Protect yourself when you travel. As soon as you arrive at your destination inspect the mattress, box spring, and headboard. Look for live Bed Bugs, droppings, cast skins, and or staining on the bed linens. If you think you found something report it immediately and ask for another room. When you return from a trip, place your luggage in a sealed plastic bag. Wash all your clothing regardless of weather or not they have been worn (laundry must be washed in hot water and dried on high temperature or dry cleaning will also work). The Luggage should remain in the bag until it is needed again.
- Be proactive with your purchases. When you buy any new clothing, even underwear and socks, sheets, towels, etc. immediately put them in your clothes dryer for at least 20 minutes. The heat will kill bed bugs and their eggs. If you buy clothing from a thrift shop, a yard sale or online, make sure it is washed in hot water and dry before you bring it into your home. All you need is to bring one item into the house that has bugs or eggs for a problem to develop.
- Keep your belongings close. When using mass transit do not put your belongings on the seat next to you. This makes it very easy for a Bed Bug to climb on and then be relocated to our place of work or your home.
- Be cautious. Locker rooms, coat closets, and any other locations where your belongings are in close proximity to those of many other people.
- If you suspect you have an issue – contact us immediately. The sooner the problem is identified the quicker it can be resolved. Never try to treat this problem on your own. Do it yourself bed bugs programs will often make the problem worse.
- Try to reduce clutter – it is a Bed Bug’s friend. The more belongings you have in your home the more difficult it is to identify and resolve an infestation.