New Jersey Bed Bug Control
"Sleep tight; don't let the bed bugs bite" is no longer simply the topic of old nursery rhymes. They have experienced resurgence in recent years and are a threat in hotels, college dorms, cruise ships, hospitals, nursing homes, homes and apartments, as well as busses, trains and airplanes. Unfortunately, they do not discriminate by class or price, so anyone is at risk.
Bed bugs are difficult to eradicate from any property because they are extremely small and are quite prolific. Once they get inside your home, they can spread from room to room very easily. That is why it is important to be proactive with bed bug control.
HORIZON PRO-ACTIVE® APPROACH TO BED BUG CONTROL
Horizon Pro-active® approach to bed bug control was developed to reduce the possibility of severe bed bug infestation in residential homes. While it is true that it impossible to stop the introduction of bed bugs into your home, our pro-active approach help prevent serious infestations from ever occurring. Early detection really does play a very crucial role in reducing the spread of bed bugs.
Horizon Pro-active® approach to bed bug control starts with our skilled technicians thoroughly inspecting your home for any signs of bed bugs. Areas inspected include, but not limited to: mattresses, box springs, upholstered furniture, cracks in walls and other places where bed bugs can hide. This approach uses pest control products that effectively stop the spread of bed bugs inside your home.
BENEFITS OF HORIZON PRO-ACTIVE® APPROACH TO BED BUG CONTROL
- It is a budget friendly approach.
- Although bed bugs can still be brought inside your home, the cost to treat them is cut in half.
- The materials are long lasting which provides peace of mind between services.
- You and your family will have peace of mind knowing that you are proactively preventing a bed bug infestation from occurring in your home.
Is your home already infested with bed bugs? Complete removal of bed bugs from your home requires the assistance of a pest professional. Our technicians are experienced and are specially trained to inspect for the presence of bed bugs and treat targeted sites.
THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP PROTECT YOURSELF FROM BED BUGS
- Educate yourself. Bed Bugs are non-discriminating and have been found worldwide regardless of income level, ethnicity, gender, cleanliness, etc... All bed bugs are interested in is a blood meal.
- Protect yourself when you travel. As soon as you arrive at your destination inspect the mattress, box spring, and headboard. Look for live bed bugs, droppings, cast skins, and or staining on the bed linens. If you think you found something report it immediately and ask for another room. When you return from a trip, place your luggage in a sealed plastic bag. Wash all your clothing regardless of whether or not they have been worn (laundry must be washed in hot water and dried on high temperature or dry cleaning will also work). The luggage should remain in the bag until it is needed again.
- Be proactive with your purchases. When you buy any new clothing, even underwear and socks, sheets, towels, etc. immediately put them in your clothes dryer for at least 20 minutes. The heat will kill bed bugs and their eggs. If you buy clothing from a thrift shop, a yard sale or online, make sure it is washed in hot water and dry before you bring it into your home. All you need is to bring one item into the house that has bugs or eggs for a problem to develop.
- Keep your belongings close. When using mass transit do not put your belongings on the seat next to you. This makes it very easy for a bed bug to climb on and then be relocated to our place of work or your home.
- Be cautious. Locker rooms, coat closets, and any other locations where your belongings are in close proximity to those of many other people.
- Try to reduce clutter - they are bed bug's friend. The more belongings you have in your home the more difficult it is to identify and resolve an infestation.
- If you suspect you have an issue - contact us immediately. The sooner the problem is identified the quicker it can be resolved. Never try to treat this problem on your own. Do it yourself bed bugs programs will often make the problem worse.
Whether you have a current bed bug infestation or want a preventive treatment, we can help you. Call 1.888.612.2847 today!