The National Pest Management Association (NPMA), a non-profit organization with more than 7,000 members from around the world, was established in 1933 to support the pest management industry's commitment to the protection of public health, food and property. This commitment is reflected both in the continuing education of pest management professionals and the dissemination of timely information to homeowners and businesses.
- Employ a comprehensive, environmentally friendly approach when treating a property.
- Investigate the source of the problem – and eliminate it – before applying pesticides.
- Apply pesticides only when necessary.
QualityPro is an initiative designed to increase professionalism in the pest management industry. This dynamic program certifies companies based on comprehensive standards. Known as “the mark of excellence in pest control,” the QualityPro designation can be achieved by ensuring that all employees voluntarily ascribe to a set of standards far above what is required by state and federal regulations.
Here are some examples of QualityPro standards that must be met before a company can achieve this exclusive designation:
- All Employees must undergo a comprehensive background check before ever showing up to service your account.
- Companies must have a drug-free workplace policy that not only prohibits illegal drugs, but also requires employees to notify management if they are using prescribed medication that may impair their judgment, driving ability, performance or behavior.
- Motor vehicle record checks must be conducted on all employees that drive a company vehicle or a personal vehicle for company business.
- Each employee that shows up to your residence or business is required to adhere to a strict uniform dress code and service vehicle maintenance and appearance policy. (We want to make a great first impression…no leaking oil on your driveway or dirty boots on your carpet!)
- QualityPro ensures that companies must provide you with a warranty/service agreement that clearly outlines the scope of service in BOLD type on the first page of the contract.
- Clear communication practices must be followed, including procedures for contacting the customer to schedule the inspection and notification.
- Sales and service technicians must first meet testing minimums before they are eligible to work on your account. QualityPro feels that testing and training are among the most important aspects of any service industry.
- The QualityPro program also contains an environmental stewardship aspect that requires companies to offer Integrated Pest Management services (IPM) to its customers. If you would like more information on what "IPM" means, just ask your service provider.
- Advertising practices are put in place to ensure that companies don’t make false claims when soliciting your business. No images, words or misleading terminology!
- All companies that enroll in the QualityPro program must have insurance minimums in place for workers comp, general liability and vehicles.
BOMA International's members are building owners, managers, developers, leasing professionals, corporate facility managers, asset managers, and the providers of the products and services needed to operate commercial properties.
The New Jersey Pest Management Association (NJPMA) and its members are trained to bring you the most comprehensive treatments using the latest technology. They work closely with Rutgers University to bring continual training to all members. They use Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to deliver the most effective treatments by employing through inspections, monitoring, and only then using the least amount of effective materials to achieve the highest quality results you deserve.